Permits – Basic Requirements – Site Plan Requirements
Site plans are required for all types of building permits (except demolition permits). Our office requires a clear site plan, that can be drawn to scale if possible, but that must show the following information:
- Setback measurements
- Property dimensions plus total area
- Location of all structures, existing and proposed
- Proposed location for services (water & sewer, telephone, gas, hydro)
- Exact location for access point (driveway, measured from a known boundary point)
- Lot address & municipality
Signed and dated by applicant
Please note that if your site plan is insufficient, our office may require the applicant to provide a land survey and/or building location certificate (BLC) drawn by a Land Surveyor, certified to work in the Province of Manitoba.
Please note that our office cannot provide applicants with copies of any Land Survey or BLC, and that our mapping system in NO WAY qualifies as a precise way to locate property lines. Property maps can be purchased from our office outlining general property dimensions, indicating road names and compass direction, but do NOT suffice as an official Land Survey or BLC.